Re: [OM] The toilet mug has returned!

Subject: Re: [OM] The toilet mug has returned!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 14:33:00 -0800
On 2/3/2017 1:59 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
Pretty sure I've never seen the words "dignified" and "tasteful" used in
conjunction with a toilet.

I guess you haven't been by the Guggenheim lately? <http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/15/494082349/guggen-head-you-can-now-use-a-golden-toilet-at-the-guggenheim>

I have seen the occasional bathroom where those words could be used to describe the toilet facilities. I recall one in a mansion in SF; carved onyx toilet, gold pipes and taps, Egyptian decor in black and gold tile, with other colors as highlights. On the other end of the financial scale, the tiny men's room in the Woodrose Cafe in Garberville, CA* also has a black toilet in elegantly designed setting. Maybe you don't move in the right circles??? ;-)

Silly note: The toilets in the private bathroom of the builder of the Crane Estate in Maine, most of whose wealth came from the Crane plumbing fixtures business, are of another brand. Neither bathroom nor fixtures there qualify for your descriptors.

Fixtures Moose

* Where this image was taken
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=17883>.
As were #s 5-8, here. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14887> But
none in the bathroom; maybe next time. :-)