[OM] OT: Backgound Downloads/Updates

Subject: [OM] OT: Backgound Downloads/Updates
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 08:58:43 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Even though I have managed to identify and disable a number of services,
such as Google, that are attempting to download or update in background, there
is still one or more that continue to exist.  I've come across a third-party
firewall made by Comodo, that substitutes for the Windows firewall.  It claims
to be a bi-directional firewall that keeps applications from phoning home, and
it sounds interesting.  Version 10 still supports WinXP, and I'm curious to
know if anyone here is using this application.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson