Re: [OM] Raw converters

Subject: Re: [OM] Raw converters
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:40:07 -0800
On 1/25/2017 10:06 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I have been led to believe (but haven't tested it) that using Viewer 3 for
Oly is better than ACR et al.  I hadn't seen any discussion of this in this
overall set of posts ... is this opinion generally agreed upon ?
Oly Viewer/Studio has richer colors.

I'm not so sure this applies to µ4/3 cameras. I know Adobe made a deal to get the distortion correction data parameters, and it may have included some color secret sauce. DxO has quite different, and generally less attractive to me, color, brightness and contrast than the other two (but better distortion correction.)

AND - Viewer 3 has no highlight recovery, at least that I can find. This is a
BIG limitation.

ACR has better detail and noise control.

And NR and FM do it better yet.

I do not agree that Viewer 3 is better than either ACR or et al. I try it every once in a while, and am never pleased with it.

Secret Sauces Moose