Re: [OM] IMG: More Ants

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Ants
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:02:59 -0800
On 1/19/2017 12:24 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Yep, Star D from the 1950s, when I first started taking serious pictures. Except for a couple of antique wooden ones, it's all I have. I prefer hand-held shots.

As do I. On our 2014 month in New England, I dutifully toted my travel tripod around, but never used it but to compare to Bob and MikeG's travel tripods and take a couple of shots on Mike's kitchen table.

I do have a new table top tripod, which I did use, and liked, on our shortened 2016 trip. <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BFWN2E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

When I do use a tripod, I like to have one that aids, rather than impedes me.

The stainless mesh cable release is also an antique.

I think the black fabric one I inherited from my father may have been older. I
seem to recall braided stainless as newer.

Ancient History Moose