[OM] Droids - The Sequel

Subject: [OM] Droids - The Sequel
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 19:11:35 -0500
I did some tests, shooting raw images and processing them in
Lightroom. The Hasselblad camera module does have a decent
lens--especially at longer focal lengths, but the sensor is a bit
lack-luster. While the built-in sensor is as close to state-of-the-art
as I've seen in a cellphone, the Hasselblad module's sensor is
significantly behind. I will have no regrets when I return it to the
store.

But the in-phone camera is right up there and when you shoot raw, it's
impressive. 100% pixel-peeping is sharp to the pixel and there's 21
million of them. Best of all, almost no CA or PF at all.

I know that DxOMark has the Google Pixel and even the S7 as a higher
rated camera, but I really don't think so when you dive down into raw
pixels. The in-camera processing of the other two are better, but the
sensor and camera of the moto Z Force is better.

AG Schnozz