Re: [OM] IMG: a visit to Cuevas del Rodeo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: a visit to Cuevas del Rodeo
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 09:43:58 -0600
A colorful place, and a very talented group.  Thanks for the tour.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 1/14/2017 8:45 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I have shown you parts of this place in the past, but I am particularly pleased
with this set from last Sunday. Cuevas del Rodeo is a complex of caves on a
hill overlooking the town of Rojales, about 55 km south of Alicante. They were
excavated in the 19th century and were originally used as dwellings. Today,
most of them are artist workshops. Some of the artists are open every weekend,
trying to sell their works. Others just work there and market their art (if
they do at all) elsewhere. But on the first Sunday of each month, they all have
an open house so the visitor can marvel at the explosion of creativity and
fantasy on display. Last Sunday, in addition, there was the opening of a
photography exhibition and some live music. So I made the Cuevas the goal of my
bicycle ride that day, and here is a small gallery of 28 images that resulted:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Cuevas-del-Rodeo/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain