[OM] How y'all doin?

Subject: [OM] How y'all doin?
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:22:54 -0600
Rick B. posted:
"60 degrees and quite breezy."  Dead calm here this morning.  Temperature
is at minus 6 degrees F.  The fresh 4" of snow is lovely.  Yes, "Life is
good!"  Interestingly, our barometer reads a healthy 30.92, which is the
highest I've ever seen it.  Thanks, Canada, for the breath of fresh air.
      I have a little apple orchard on a hilltop on our five acres, and I
have a pair of steel fence posts driven into the ground.  The tops of the
two fence posts are aligned so that on December 21 I can look over the top
of the "standard" post, align its top with the second one, and the tops of
these two fence posts mark where the sun sets on that date.  The sun's
setting point has already moved several sun diameters to the north, so
spring is obviously coming.
     We never have to shake scorpions or tarantulas out of our cross county
ski boots before putting them on.
Dean