[OM] IMG: Basic Annual Photo Backup

Subject: [OM] IMG: Basic Annual Photo Backup
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:23:33 -0600
After hearing from Tina and Ken about their extensive backup practices, I just wanted to show a little about my simple practice. While I have no commercial activities, I did accumulate 135GB of photo files in 2016. As I have done for the past several years, I copied the 2016 files to a 1TB WD Caviar Black drive at the end of the year, using my "Swiss Army Knife" drive adapter. The transfer took about 1.5 hours, which isn't bad for a full year's work.

The setup, except for the power "brick", is shown below:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photo+Backup.jpg.html

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA