[OM] Short Term or Long View

Subject: [OM] Short Term or Long View
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 19:05:02 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG writes:
<<<I can't have a lens that is ONLY good on film bodies--

I know what you mean but no law against doing that if you so choose. It doesn't
weigh much.

<<Maybe I should just glue it to a camera for a few weeks and shoot the
<<snot out of it.

Buy or borrow an adapter and glue it on an OM A7RII in the store and shoot
away.  Even shoot a target from a pod.  Hunt's has never bothered me (yet)
doing weird stuff like that.  The sensor stack can have an impact and the
thicknesses are comparable,
but with the BSI, suspect it will behave better than on the 6D and MUCH easier
to focus.  Perhaps someone on FM alt lens forum has done so already.   I know
the C/Y  35-70 on A7RII is not as sharp in the corners wide open   at 35 but
still better than on the A7R.
The A9/A7RIII  will still have BSI and have little reason to doubt the next
digital back for OM Z lenses will not have an S in the name.

Gather more data, Mike