Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/12/2016: food

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/12/2016: food
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 12:02:54 -0800
On 12/28/2016 11:04 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Three food related pictures, the first one is actually from last night, while the
other two are from this afternoon’s visit to the supermarket.
If you are vegetarian, you may want to skip the last one ;-)

Last night’s main course, vegan meatballs which turned out brilliant. The main
ingredients are wild mushrooms, rice, oatmeal and tofu, plus a lot of different
spices. They are fantastic:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qXtHzBW/A

This afternoon in the Alcampo supermarket.

Angry-looking fish (I would not be happy in their position either):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-GWXcqqS/A

And a traditional Spanish holiday treat (not in our house, mind you):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-M88Wphh/A

I suppose you have not had Cabrito, either "[baby kid]. . . can be pretty good, although a little age on it does increase both the gaminess and the greasiness. "Al pastor", shepherd-style, oven-baked, is the standard recipe, but once in a blue moon, one encounters a great delicacy, "unborn kid seethed in it's mother's milk."

The latter style is (or was) popular in Monterrey Mexico.

Carnivorous Moose