[OM] Minolta Varisoftlens and Nikon Soft filters [was Advice on OM 7 ??]

Subject: [OM] Minolta Varisoftlens and Nikon Soft filters [was Advice on OM 7 ??]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 19:53:25 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<I can't do that sort of stuff with different sized images, at least without
<<resampling, which comes with its own gremlins.

Very interesting observations.  Not sure would have anticipated the change in
image size, but now that you sussed out how it works, makes sense to me. Have
always
liked many images from that odd ball lens. The stacking programs all can align
the images with moderate changes in size from using the focusing helicoid
though they are easier to align if
the sequential images were taken using a rail.  I think combine Z allows one to
align the layers (more accurate choice) but not proceed with the stack. Not
sure about Zerene stacker but it certainly doesn't have a problem with moderate
changes in mag. Perhaps the auto-align layers fxn in PS doesn't lead to that
many gremlins.  (Anyway, there are few gremlins that can't be vanquished by a
determined Moose)

Mike