Re: [OM] IMG: The Age-Old Question: Which 50mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Age-Old Question: Which 50mm?
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:56:13 -0600
Hi Moose,

You make some very valid observations. I don't have a good, solid tripod, just an ancient Star-D. The shutter speeds were 1/25 and 1/34, respectively, so yes, there could be some shake. I like to think that I can hold a 50 at those speeds.

In each case, focus was on the eye, which is fairly easy to repeat.

Although I compared the images without it, I always look at any posted images in FM, and usually add a level 1 or 2 correction before posting. This seems to remove the EXIF data from my posts.

From a scientific viewpoint, this was far from perfect. But, now I have a better idea of what to expect from each of these lenses, so I can make a better choice for the planned images.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA