Re: [OM] PESO: wet kitty at ISO 8000

Subject: Re: [OM] PESO: wet kitty at ISO 8000
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 20:43:21 -0800
On 12/14/2016 6:23 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Please, define and quantify "better" with precision and clarity. If the
"better" sensor is just a bonus, namely a last event throw-in feature, what
are the other substantive "better" features that individually and
collectively make the X-T2 a "better" picture taking device than the X-T1.
1. Improved controls
2. Lens-centered tripod mount
3. Faster EVF refresh
4. Improved auto-focus
5. Better articulation on rear screen
6. New accessory battery grip

Those are just the main bullet points. I'm sure Nathan can clue us in
on the stuff that didn't make the brochure.

Reviewers, both pro and individuals, seem to agree that it is quicker, more pleasant to use and more capable. That's just what has filtered in to a non Fuji person. (Although I still have my F30 around somewhere.) The phrase "what its predecessor should have been", may be lurking about.

BTW, the increase in nominal linear resolution is 23%. It may appear to be more or less than that, pixel peeping, depending on other characteristics of the sensor and imaging chain. It might be just enough to be visible in a good, rather large print; will certainly not be in web size images.

Resolved Moose