Re: [OM] LED Stage Lighting and UV

Subject: Re: [OM] LED Stage Lighting and UV
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 14:40:49 -0600
> Thanks for commenting--read the whole post with interest. Good to see an EE
> view of the matter though I inadvertently hijacked
> the thread due to limited understanding of stage lighting.  My experience as
> well  with the single phosphor  warm white LED has not been good.
> The price/color quality seem to be improving at good clip--very noticeable
> even in the past year.

Even the past two months! Home Depot is now carrying a new breed of
bulbs that are a marked improvement over what was available just a
couple months ago.

One other oddity that I've mentioned before. We got a new SONY
television a few months ago and it uses LED illumination. While the
screen is exceptionally bright, sharp, etc., my eyes struggle with
focusing. While I normally can watch tv or look at my computer
monitors without glasses, and the old crt style tv was fantastic, this
new tv I can't read the screen at all unless I have my glasses on.

Strange...

AG