Re: [OM] WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING TO FILM CAMERA PRICES AGAIN?

Subject: Re: [OM] WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING TO FILM CAMERA PRICES AGAIN?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:16:04 -0800
On 11/28/2016 5:24 AM, Frank wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the worst is yet to come.

Sales of interchangeable lens camera's keep declining, therefore reducing
demand.
Many older camera's and lenses end into inheritances to be sold fast and
cheap, increasing supply...

Telling graph
<http://www.43rumors.com/another-shocking-graph-displays-the-camera-industry-collapse/>(although
only look at the red boxes)

2016 is anomalous, not just because it's only for seven months, but because of the earthquake damage to a major fab facility. Both announcement and delivery of new models, such as the E-M1 II, was delayed for months.

The trend is clear, but latest numbers are meaningless.

I've done my part to keep the numbers up! :-)

Numbers Moose