Re: [OM] Movie recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Movie recommendation
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 23:29:47 -0600
> "A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets
> its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession."
> 5.8 score.....hmmm...
> ...don't think so.  :shakeshead.gif:

Oh, come on. Where is your sense of adventure? I would think that the
Brits among us would like this one. It has that twisted humour.

I thought it would be horribly campy, but it really isn't. Except for
one person, the acting is actually pretty good too. The cast of
actors, for the most part, are well experienced faces in many
television shows and movies. For an extremely low-budget film,
($500,000 budget), it is very well done. The photography is totally up
my alley.

Here is the movie trailer on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5pyFhmAqE

The first 20 minutes is worth the price of admission. The narrow DoF
that FF 35mm DSLR offers is well used.

It may seem like a total "you've got to be kidding me, Schnozz", but
if you like "Twilight Zone", "The Outer Limits" or "Doctor Who",
you'll enjoy it. And it breaks the fourth wall in a fascinating way.
In some sick sort of way, I think that even Moose would like it. It's
NOT a "slasher" movie--it's far too sophisticated for that. The 5.8
score is probably fair if you are expecting it to make sense.

AG (everybody is a movie critic) Schnozz