[OM] Nathan's PAWs 2 and 3 November 2016: six Copenhagen vignettes

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAWs 2 and 3 November 2016: six Copenhagen vignettes
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 07:55:23 +0100
I am now back in Alicante after my 5 days in Denmark. The last couple of days I
was in Copenhagen. Besides visiting my parents’ graves as I showed the other
day, I looked at lots of art (photos still being edited) and spent two pleasant
evenings with my childhood friend Beata. So here are 3 pictures from Wednesday
evening and 3 from Thursday morning.

Beata gets off work around 5 p.m. On Wednesday I took her to see a big
exhibition about Jacob Riis in a gallery in the centre, a place that she had
never visited despite living in Copenhagen most of her life. Whenever we go to
see an exhibition together, she always studies everything with close attention:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fJKKvMM/A

We then went for dinner at an organic restaurant in what used to be one of the
sleaziest parts of downtown Copenhagen, Halmtorvet (prostitutes, junkies etc.)
but which has now been hipsterized beyond recognition. During dinner, I caught
this animated expression of Beata, which is proving a huge hit among her
friends on Facebook:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zc9x86d/A

On the way to the restaurant, we walked past the main entrance to Tivoli:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-FQ87JNq/A

Then, on Thursday morning it was time to pack, buy some of the usual goodies I
always bring back from Denmark, and fly home. While walking from my hotel to
the Østerport train station for the train to the airport, I noticed that that
night Copenhagen had its first frost of the season:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3R7Sm7P/A

At the airport, an amusing sight in the WH Smith bookshop—Karl Marx
domesticated, I called it. A manga version of Das Kapital:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-x2SSPP3/A

Finally, I had an early lunch in the form of a traditional Danish sausage. It
is actually very tasty and not too greasy, a fitting treat to end my stay in
Denmark:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8R7zMsb/A

Bon appétit!

Nathan