Re: [OM] [OT] - couldn't justify a new macbook pro yet so got an X-T2 in

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - couldn't justify a new macbook pro yet so got an X-T2 instead
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 14:48:55 -0700
On 11/3/2016 1:41 PM, SwissPace wrote:
I don't think I will miss IBIS too much, The AF looks much improved with the little time I have played with it and I have found a workaround for Focus Stacking - just bagged an Oly TG-4 for a little over 150 dollars,

Great price.

It doesn't have the cables and charger so I hope its standard USB

Nope, sorry. The connector is the same one Oly has used since the E-1 - not generic USB. If you've had Oly digitals, you may have one around. Should be very easy to find one used, as they outlast the cameras.

The camera didn't come with a battery charger. It comes with an AC to USB adapter. You are meant to connect that to the camera with the cable you may not yet have, and charge the battery in the camera.

Perfectly silly; I ordered a third party battery/charger combo at the same time
as the camera.

A good camera. IQ is better than seems likely for such a small sensor - at least if you shoot Raw. JPEG output is significantly poorer than can be done with Raw.

"Microscope Mode" sounds like hype, but compared to the Macro Modes on so many little cameras, it really does get closer and has amazing IQ.

The focus stacking/bracketing options are fun and useful, but seriously limited, compared to the E-M1/5 II bodies. They only work in Microscope Mode and only output JPEGs.

- just need a get a light guide for it now.

The light guide, properly " LG-1 LED Macro Ring Light" is really, as the name says, for C-U only. It uses light from the focus assist LED, so it's just not very bright, but is continuous, so works well for focus stacking in the dark.

There is also a ring diffuser for flash, FD-1 Flash Diffuser <https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1243546&gclid=CjwKEAjwwOvABRC08aedoZ_lnTMSJACs_cbu1ROjzfDv4pN7y4RfY3OaJ5MWPLG9p6kkPLk-GE-31BoCXv3w_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677682%2C&Q=&A=details>, but again, "Optimized for Close-Up and Macro Photos, Illumination Distance: 0.8-11.8". And no use for focus stacking/bracketing.

I hope you have fun with it!

Tough Fun Moose