Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/11/2016: a day of mixed feelings

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/11/2016: a day of mixed feelings
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 21:39:39 +1100
Excellent portraits Nathan.

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Nathan Wajsman
Sent: Thursday, 3 November 2016 5:54 PM
To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/11/2016: a day of mixed feelings

1st November is several things to me: it is All Saints Day, a public holiday in
Spain, so a day off; it is also my birthday; but unfortunately it is also the
day on which my father died 12 years ago. I am almost always in Copenhagen on
this date, and I honour his memory in a couple of ways. Of course, I visit his
grave:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-N74tqFM/A
(memo to self: the paint needs touching up, I must arrange someone to do it)

But I also remember my father in a more joyful way, by meeting two dear friends
who were of tremendous help to him during his difficult years after my mother s
death. They are, like us, immigrants from Poland from the early 1970s, but they
are a generation younger than my parents (although also somewhat older than me
I was a child when I came, they were young adults). They are now retired but
full of energy, much of which they use as volunteers on various project to
benefit the aging and dwindling community of Polish Jews in Denmark of the
first generation. I met up with them for lunch at Wagamama.

Marek:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-NrcpdmL/A

Marek & Tamara:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-rFTkBng/A