Re: [OM] Monarch--take 1 (on topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Monarch--take 1 (on topic)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 02:01:40 -0700
Precious few Monarchs this year noted in our flutterby counts with NABA. What
was nearly taken for granted a few years ago has become a special event.
Marnie spotted a few nice beasties early one AM and told me to grab a b'fly
kit.  I was going to save the rest of the Ektar  for upcoming Moose visit,

Can't eat it, can't drink it, good you used it. :-)

but
wanted to try my original kit--Dad's OM2 and my first b'fly lens the Viv S1
90mm.  It was cool and they were nectaring, so would cooperate reasonably well
and no flash required.  A special super Schnozz scan was used to digitize the
negs.  I can't get nearly the resolution when I nail the focus with my digital
back  but I can hit 80-90% proper focus with the OM kit.
I have other renditions including one 4 years in planning but will have to
await time to process it.

Color really that muted in person?

About to Fly Moose