[OM] Olympus E-M1 II Review: Preview

Subject: [OM] Olympus E-M1 II Review: Preview
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 19:52:39 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Thanks for link. There was some mention in the DPR announcement that it was 1/3
smaller.  Quickly scanning it, this  registered as compared to the E-M1
not some unclear competitor(s).  It is actually a bit bigger and heavier but
0.1" shorter.   The sensor is only 12+% more linear resolution than the E-M1.
I don't recall much trouble with moiré and false color artifacts with it nor
present in the Moose roll-over illustration, so perhaps little to worry about.
Time will tell.

I wonder how it follows focus with video?   The new Canyon certainly was
impressively good in that capacity.  Oly seems to use the hybrid IS with the
lenses responsible for some IS where that is optimal.  I wonder if the  Oly
12-100 has any IS on Panny bodies?
It does seem a bit large on the E-M5II.

More questions than answers, Mike

<<<Deal breaker?

<<<<The Olympus E-M1 II's image sensor is not overlaid with an optical low-pass
filter, so per-pixel resolution should be maximized, although this will be at
the expense of an increased risk of moiré and false color artifacts. An
anti-reflective coating has been applied to the <<<<sensor's cover glass.

From the Imaging Resource review here:
<http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m1-ii/olympus-e-m1-iiA.HTM>

Chuck Norcutt