Re: [OM] OT: Aircraft Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Aircraft Identification
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 00:45:37 +0930
On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 06:43:56AM +0100, ChrisB wrote:
> That Vulcan looks dangerous!
>
> I might have mentioned it before, but I cannot understand this
> excitement with the Vulcan; that shot shows how close to the ground
> could be the wingtip, and when performing wingovers, the inside wing
> would be going sooo slowly it must have been nearly stalled.  I???m glad
> that the thing is no longer flying.

Despite all of the drawbacks, she is such a beautiful lady for a war
machine (maybe that's just from a groundpounder perspective :) ).

I also liked the F-111 and the Mirage III  but their beauty is somewhat
different.

The utilitarian sparseness of the AP-3 Orion in low-vis livery is
elegant, too.  I will miss their comforting rumble when they are
replaced with P-8's soon.

davidt