Re: [OM] Thursday hike

Subject: Re: [OM] Thursday hike
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:14:25 -0700
On 9/16/2016 1:23 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
It was a fantastic fallish day...a preview

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/SkylineDivide2016/SkylineDiv_50046.JPG>

Delish!!

If you get the urge to lighten your photo gear load on these outings, you might look at the Panny GM5 and 14-140. I've been falling in love with the GM5 for its very modest size and weight. It's better in both respects than the Oly E-PL and E-PM bodies, yet includes a usable EVF, without having to add an external one.

But of course, the GMs don't have IBIS and the Oly 14-150 doesn't have OIS. So, after looking at reviews, I found that the Panny lens is, if anything, perhaps slightly better in resolution, distortion, CA, etc. So I bit the bullet, sold the 14-150 and a Panny 45-150 I bought before the 35-100 came out, and bought a 14-140. Not a free trade, but I found a 14-140 being sold new, but not in box, taken from a body lens kit cheaper than anything else new.

Not much used as yet, although the Floating Gold image I posted that several loved was made with that combo. It's an appealingly small and light kit with big capabilities. It actually fits in a Lowepro Dashpoint 30 I already had, which can hang on my belt.

I read that Panny is giving up on the GM line and the GM5 is discontinued, but still available here and there new, and of course used.

Middle Ground Moose