Re: [OM] EV adjustment and M5

Subject: Re: [OM] EV adjustment and M5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:52:55 -0700
On 9/8/2016 5:56 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry to pester you experts - - but I have tried hard, and
failed to find, in both the on-camera menu and in the PDF file, how to
set adjustments fo r the EV; EV compensation.

The front and rear control wheels are used for different things, depending on both Exposure Mode and menu options. By default, in my most used mode, "A", the rear wheel sets aperture and the front one sets EV compensation.

They are not labeled for the simple reason that their use varies.

In the manual, they label and call the rear dial "Main dial" and the front one (around the shutter button) "Sub dial" (pg 10, items 1 & 6. )

On pg 47: "Rotate the sub dial to choose exposure compensation. Choose positive
(“+”) values to
make pictures brighter, negative (“–”) values to make pictures darker. Exposure
can be
adjusted by ±3 EV."

In Menu=>Advanced=>B-Button/Dial=>Dial Function, you may change this default
behavior. should you wish to do so.

Read It, Used It Moose