[OM] [LRflex] Re: IMG: British PJ at the air show

Subject: [OM] [LRflex] Re: IMG: British PJ at the air show
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 21:29:08 -0700
Thanks, Phillipe and Bill. I'm very pleased with this image. I looked up, and there was a nice "man-with-machine" Constructivist image, ready for the taking, and the late afternoon light was lovely. I've inquired if the event organizers would put me in touch with the subject, because I'm sure he'd like a copy of the picture.

The Leica M Monochrom is special. You have to be very careful about over-exposure, because once you hit the "ceiling," that's it. But you can get image quality better than slow film, but at Tri-X speed. Or you can get Tri-X quality at ISO 2500. So you can use more optimum stops even in poor light. And the files are very malleable--I've never seen so much flexibility in digital dodging/burning, contrast and such. Of course, the light is still the light, but the ability you have to stretch, compress and adjust tones is amazing. My MM recently returned from Leica after a sensor transplant, and I am *so* glad that it's back!

--Peter

----