Re: [OM] IMG: Literary Gifts

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Literary Gifts
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 18:54:04 -0400
The amazing thing about the Harry Potter books is that they start out at a
younger reader's level and gradually increase through the books to high
school level and above.  I am extremely impressed.  J.K. Rowling really
increased the interest in books for my grandkids and their friends, and
they are kids who were raised around books from birth!  It is no longer
seen as "nerdy" to be reading a book!

The Cursed Child is not my favorite but it's not by J.K. Rowling either!

Tina

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      Rowling did us a tremendous favour in writing the Harry Potter books
> as they got children interested in reading instead of being entirely
> focused on mind-numbing video games.  Both books and radio are instrumental
> in stirring the imagination as you have to mentally visualise the images.
>

> >My 11-yr old gr-grandson received a variety of gifts for his birthday,
> >from a fishing rod to electronic gadgets, but I was glad to see some
> >literary gifts as well.
> >
> >http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Birthday+Literature.tif.html
> >
> >Comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com