[OM] Back to normal water level in the pond

Subject: [OM] Back to normal water level in the pond
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 11:33:07 -0400
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20751>

I discovered this morning that the pond had overflowed because, once again, the culvert that carries the water under the little bridge that enters my part of the development was insufficient for the flow.

This happened last year and it was blamed on a "500 year rainstorm" that dropped (as measured by me) 22" of rain in 3 days. My neighbors on the other side of the pond (which I didn't see until photos this morning) said the flooding was worse than a year ago. One of the streets was totally flooded and water was flowing over the top of the bridge (actually a little causeway) like it was a dam rather than a bridge.

My house is higher than many others and my house has never been in any peril from flooding. But it has been uncomfortably close for some on the other side.

I think we will likely hire a consulting engineer soon... quick before the last house is sold and the developer leaves.

Chuck Norcutt