Re: [OM] Another Lens from Way-Back

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Lens from Way-Back
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 08:07:16 -0500
Nice setup, Wayne. That f/16 image looks as if it has possibilities. A little sharpening might make a nice, dreamy image.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 9/3/2016 2:49 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Inspired by Jim's work with his old Ross lens I retrieved an old lens I had
in the cupboard, it turned up in a job lot of enlarger lenses I found on
eb*y a few years ago.  The lens is a Busch-BIs-Telar, Series II, F7, 13.5"
(340mm) which I mounted in an OM 7mm extension tube.

According to a few sites on the internet this lens was designed in 1905 and
is an early telephoto design (the reason I can focus it using the OM bellows
which only gives about 250mm of extension) which covers 4x5 (maybe 5x7).

My example is in rough condition with numerous fine cleaning marks on the
front element and a bit of internal haze.

Here are a few images taken with the lens using an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus
OM bellows:
http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20736 and also a few shots of
the lens itself.

I think it has some possible uses !