Re: [OM] Options in distortion correction [was Custom Lens Profiles - CC

Subject: Re: [OM] Options in distortion correction [was Custom Lens Profiles - CC]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:38:27 -0700
On 9/1/2016 5:31 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
It does seem complicated.

I wasn't trying to fry anybody's brain, except perhaps my own. ;-) I'm actually interested in this crap, because I like to understand my tools.

I posted about what I found for myself so that it might be clearer why some things may work in ways that are on the surface not ideal.

For the vast majority of people using cameras/lenses that do post exposure correction, it's all transparent, no fuss at all, and generally an overall improvement over the alternatives.

For fuss budgets like Moose, MikeG and AG, well, . . .

At least now it's easy for anyone to see what it all looks like. :-)

Variable Width Moose