Re: [OM] OT: Major M7.1 Earthquake in New Zealand

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Major M7.1 Earthquake in New Zealand
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 15:17:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     A fellow on one of the radio amateur lists was in Christchurch during that
event.  He was on the 4th or 5th floor of a high-rise building with the quake
struck.  He stood in sheer horror as the building next to his leaned over and
came to rest on the one he was in.  Everyone went down the stairs and into the
street.  Nobody from his building was injured.

     I'm not sure how I would react to such a thing, but I'm certain that my
entire life would flash before my eyes.

>Son reports that the quake was felt in Auckland, but no indication of any
>physical damage there, nothing like Christchurch five years ago. Thankfully.
>

>>      A strong M7.1 earthquake struck the far northeastern peninsula of the
>> north island of New Zealand just 12 hours ago:
>>
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37249108
>>
>>      It's not near any major metropolitan areas such as Auckland or
>> Wellington.  It's too early for there to be any adequate news coverage.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson