[OM] IMG: A Morning with the Old Ross Lens

Subject: [OM] IMG: A Morning with the Old Ross Lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 12:14:49 -0500
I mounted the Ross London No. 6 Symmetrical Lens, circa 1890, on the Fuji X-E1 and a tripod, and went for a walk in the back yard. I came upon a very cooperative (for a while) Gulf Fritillary that allowed me to grab a few shots.

Resting on a branch:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gulf+Fritillary+on+Branch.tif.html

On a small bush:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gulf+Fritillary+on+Bush.tif.html

Then I moved on to the Sedum plants and found a lot of small insects. A Pennsylvania Leatherwing, or Soldier Beetle, was sharing space with the first Gray Hairstreak butterfly that I have ever seen:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Sedum+with+Soldier+Beetle+and+Gray+Hairstreak.tif.html

To appreciate what this old lens can do, please view the last two images LARGE.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA