Re: [OM] Doom-laden . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] Doom-laden . . .
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 05:55:38 +0100
I agree, Chuck, the P-51 has a special sound especially at speed.

I don’t know how many Spits are still flying, but I watched 13 (I think it was)
airborne at the same time at Duxford – a sight to behold and what a sound.
Unfortunately that was the show at which an old Fairey Firefly (of the Royal
Navy Historic Flight); both crew died.  I was there with a former member of the
List, Gary Edwards, and a friend of his who were visiting the UK.

Chris
(who was -4 in 1950 :-))