Re: [OM] Transport OM-2 jammed

Subject: Re: [OM] Transport OM-2 jammed
From: Dharma Singh <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:33:41 +0200
Hi all & Frank,

I read this same add on Marktplaats [a Dutch eB*y owned company].

Somewhere on the internet I've read this and saved it in a document on my
computer.
Never had to use it, but copy it here for what it's worth.

*One last tip before I go to bed – this from another poster on the lockup
issue: “Removing the motor drive covering cap, there is a small lever that,
when slid over with a finger nail, enables the shutter to fire and the
rewind button to re-set. I removed the bottom base plate and saw some gooey
residue around the lever. I carefully cleaned this off and the action of
the lever was restored. The wind-on would operate and the shutter would
fire. I then carefully rubbed a pencil around the lever and its path,
lubricating it for a smoother action. Result- the camera operates perfectly
again!”*