Re: [OM] IMG: Foggy beach

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Foggy beach
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 15:37:01 -0700
On 8/21/2016 2:15 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
. . .

Moose, Mike and Wayne: I had not been to this area since June 1980, when I camped down the entire Oregon coast and down to the Redwood National Park area (hiked up to the Lady Bird Johnson grove)

I've done that, and enjoyed it. Maybe it's just time and memory, but I was more impressed this year by the Big Trees Day Use Area of Humboldt Redwoods SP, further south. It's not one of the groves right off 101 and the Avenue of the Giants, but further up a skinny, sorta beat-up road, but wow. The number of really big redwoods and the extent of the grove gave us a real sense of that a pre-logging redwood forest would have been like. Highly recommended for anyone who gets close.

and Patrick's Point in California.

We stopped in and looked a couple of years ago. All booked up, and apparently so most of the year. Looked nice, but I can't quite understand the huge popularity of a few coastal parks, while others that seem to me about as nice are more easily available. Just as well for campers who don't make firm plans - like us. Except, as with Manchester Beach SP, where they get so little use they are only open limited times, and may close.

Wandering Moose