Re: [OM] IMGS: Syrian Refugees

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Syrian Refugees
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:06:45 -0400
But those are all very different - to me!

Did you see this one?
http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000GyTyxpvlem4

Hanane Najme is writing her e-mail address in Tom's journal.  After I
posted the photos, I sent her an e-mail with permission to download any of
the photos that she wanted.  She was thrilled!!  I did this for most of the
people I photographed in Iran.  Technology has changed everything so much.
I find it amazing that the people I met in Iran can download their photos
from my website.  When I photographed people in Honduras and Guatemala many
years ago, I would have to wait until I went back another year to take
their photos to them.

I took many photos of this woman making bread in her rural home:
http://www.photoshelter.com/mem/images/index#/l/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000dlofBdpMp3g/
As soon as we got back, I started getting e-mails from her son wanting to
see the photos of his "mommy".  He was so happy when I finally posted them
and appreciated every one!

I guess we all have different purposes for our photos.  I don't regret
posting any of the ones I have put up on my web site!

Thanks,

Tina

--
Tina Manley