Re: [OM] Win 7 update stuck at 0% forever?

Subject: Re: [OM] Win 7 update stuck at 0% forever?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 17:22:33 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
     Speaking of updates, I tried to access the NOAA/NCEP GFS plots yesterday
evening, only to discover that they had changed all of the URLs for the second
time in less than 2 years.  I had to plug in the Win7 hard drive to get to
their top page and make my way down to the new image server.  They had added
ten or so characters to the URLs.  It took me a half hour just to change all of
the VT URLs in IE8, then export them as an HTML file for Firefox to import.  I
have yet to do the RH URLs, or the ones for the spaghetti charts.

>I only update my laptop quarterly and always with trepidation as
>usually have to reinstall citrix client and often the monitor
>calibration software. I did so just before replaced HD with SSD
>but no updates since.
>
>This time it seems to hang forever.  i have read there was some
>bug in the late spring and one might just need to wait --even
>over 8 hours??!!!
>I would like the security updates but this seems a bit nuts.  I
>was hesitant to follow this procedure:
>

>http://www.zerodollartips.com/fix-windows-updates-stuck-0/
>
>Waiting for Godot or perhaps just waiting, Mike

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson