[OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash

Subject: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:39:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've been watching the footage of the crash of the 777 at Dubai, and
something odd struck me as not right in the footage of the plane coming to a
stop.  Then on the evening news, there is serious question as to if the landing
gear was deployed.  Looking again closely at the footage, I cannot see the nose
gear doors open.  Anyone else notice this?

     Seems there was a similar incident with an Air India 747 about four years
ago in New Jersey.  A tower controller noticed that there was no landing gear,
made a frantic radio call, and the gear was down and locked a few seconds
before touchdown.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson