Re: [OM] IMGS: Dragonflies

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Dragonflies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 22:08:06 -0700
On 7/25/2016 3:15 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
PESO:

We went to Charleston to babysit while our son Tim and his wife Jess moved
to their new property.  They have bought a beautiful 18 acre horse farm and
will be living in one of the barns until they can build a house.  I was
surprised that even in the heavy woods and creeks there were no
mosquitoes.  But there were LOTS of huge dragonflies and they eat
mosquitoes.  I managed to get several photos of them sitting on the
electric wire for the fence:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/163745526

Within the DoF, those are fabulous! I've never been able to get that close, almost filling the frame @ 90 mm! I saw some beautiful, huge, red and blue ones on our trip last week, but never had one land even for a moment. Are you the Dragonfly Whisperer?

and the next two.  The last two show a dragonfly eating some kind of green
bug.

The next two show some of the land and Jess with the horses.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/163745621

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/163745645

Beautiful looking place and gorgeous horses! Carriage horses?

Flying Dragon Moose