Re: [OM] The Flies Have It

Subject: Re: [OM] The Flies Have It
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:42:18 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Moose writes:

<<Welcome back! How was Switzerland?

Excellent, though it was tough lugging too much stuff up  an endless steep
trail  in the sun from   Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg.
I did have an OM kit with me at all times but underestimated the activation
energy to pull anything out of my pack with so many miles to go in a day.
I think a few images may be of interest but little time yet to sort  things
out.

<<<But which 1 or less diopter lens? And how would it work in practice with the
PLeica? The 5T on 100-400 @ 400 is very, very good.

Perhaps it was the altitude induced hypoxia but clicked on a Pentax T132
achromatic diopter (0.76) while had iffy wifi in a mountain hut---my phone just
pinged with the search and I thought why not for the modest BIN price.  I
wasn't even sure it went through, but found out it did and paid  for it later
that night at the B&B after rehydration and some fuel.  It looks like it was
never used and I still haven't used it. How it will be behave on a PLecia
100-400 is totally unclear but it is designed for long FL.  The Minolta results
is not encouraging.   Perhaps I should have waited for your 5T experiments.
There is also a Pentax achromatic  T226 at 0.44 diopter, but may be less useful
even if performs well due to low power. It appears to be designed for 200mm FL.

Still digging out, Mike