Re: [OM] posting about tyres

Subject: Re: [OM] posting about tyres
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 16:45:51 +1200

A little while ago Chris B told us about fitting asymmetric tyres on
his new Beemer.

It seemed to me that nobody knew what he was talking
about.

Well, a few months ago I had to fit new tyres all round on my
Range Rover P38, and I did what he did, and now, like Chris, in
hindsight regret it.

Here's a picture of the tread on my right front
tyre http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20389

Notice that the
tread pattern on the RHS of the tyre is very different from the LHS
(interior) side of the tyre.

They WILL grip very well during highway
cruising, BUT if you have a puncture and therefore need to fit another
wheel, unless you fit an asymmetric tyre, you could be in trouble.

They are supposed to be fitted in pairs on the same axle.

These are
Michelin Latitude 255 65 R16

Cheers, Brian