Re: [OM] Hi, Fly

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi, Fly
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 12:39:25 -0700
On 7/2/2016 2:05 AM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
A Green Bottle Fly.

I thought about blue bottle, and wondered if the common name might be similar.

Awesome photo of him;

Thanks!

I can never get that close to flies without them flying away.

There's a difference whether one is walking up to them or they come too you. I had noticed one hanging around a specific little area the day before. It was often lingering for some time in individual places. Many insects, indeed many critters, revisit the same places repeatedly.

So, expecting nothing, but casually ready in case, I put my lounge chair near that spot and had a small macro capable camera and lens in my little bag with water, book and snack. Sure enough, here came the same, or same kind of, fly. Shot just about a foot from the front of the lens, I think.

Green Moose