Re: [OM] Missing shots with OM D E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] Missing shots with OM D E-M5
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 16:36:48 -0400
See if you can reproduce the problem with a very deliberate test.

Regardless of the outcome, stick the card in your computer and format it. Assuming Windows it will want to do a "quick format" and put a check mark next to the "quick format" option. Uncheck the "quick format" option. Tell it to go and be prepared to wait awhile. The full format will write to every sector of the card and note any errors.

After it's done formatting in the computer put it in the camera and the format it in the camera. Now see if you can reproduce the problem.

If the problem reappears again ditch the card and use another. Also do a full format on the new card to check it for errors. Then cross your fingers and hope it doesn't reappear yet again. If it reappears again with a new card it's time to go to the camera doc.

Chuck Norcutt