Re: [OM] PENNS CREEK MAYFLIES

Subject: Re: [OM] PENNS CREEK MAYFLIES
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 10:49:18 -0400
I certainly agree with the ND filter solution.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/16/2016 1:02 AM, Moose wrote:
On 6/13/2016 2:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
That's the good news?

I wasn't suggesting that it is good or bad. Some things may be just what
they are. Knowing the way they are is, not uncommonly, useful.

They have packed some amazing tricks and straightforward image quality
in to this small, rugged package. A couple of quirks are a modest price
to pay. At this sensor size, serious diffraction sets in very quickly,
so more, smaller aperture settings would be counterproductive. An ND
filter is an elegant solution to exposure needs under those conditions.
At least some of the Canon G series had them, albeit for somewhat
different purposes.

Compact Zoom Moose