[OM] IMGS: Windcatcher and Farm Stay

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Windcatcher and Farm Stay
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:50:37 -0400
PESO:

Our next two adventures:  Leaving Abarkuh, we visited the Aghazadeh Mansion
with its famous windcatcher which is featured on the Iranian 20000 rial
bill.  If you are interested in Iranian architecture and how the
windcatchers work, these might be interesting.  The old guy who was the
caretaker was very interesting to me!

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000Av8nhJ_cnMs

and hit next 24 times.

Then, even though it is not allowed for American citizens to stay in
Iranian homes, Hossein arranged for us to stay on a farm between Yazd and
Shiraz.  It was great with lots of family around, including Aslam with a
rose in her hair:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I00005dNhgnJC2bY

They grow roses to make rose water.

I'm still working on the farm photos and will be for several days.

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina

--
Tina Manley