Re: [OM] Slightly OT: In the News

Subject: Re: [OM] Slightly OT: In the News
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 07:42:49 +0200
Chris,

In short nothing if you are prepared to encrypt all of your files otherwise dropbox employees and affiliates can see what you have uploaded and its subject to the patriot act, the difference with sync is that its encrypted from end to end. i.e. the data is transmitted and stored on the server encrypted so even if they wanted to no one has access to the data without your password - which they state is never transmitted and the servers are in canada and not subject to the patriot act.

<https://www.sync.com/pdf/sync-privacy.pdf>

IanW