Re: [OM] IMG: After the Fun

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: After the Fun
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:46:46 -0500
Yes.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 5/31/2016 9:36 AM, ChrisB wrote:

The radial engine comparison: I assume that that is the change in prop speed
with compression changes.

Chris

On 30 May 2016, at 22:50, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I shouldn't have mentioned this, but thought you might have encountered it when
photographing aircraft.  I did a little digging online, and think I know what I
am seeing.

I am assuming an idling prop on a PT-6 is at around 700 RPM. Let's assume 900
to make the math simple.  Without finding specific data for my Fuji, let's use
a generic refresh rate for the EVF of 60 cps.  This gives 4 image updates per
prop revolution.  This is roughly what I am seeing through the EVF, even when
not pressing the shutter release.  The thing it brings to mind is that of an
old radial engine being turned by the starter. I'm showing my age here. :-)