Re: [OM] Focus Stacking in the wilds.

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Stacking in the wilds.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 17:55:29 -0700
I think I liked 4891 the best-- nice colors, very smooth bokeh.

Thanks, that's one Chuck liked too.

The bokeh is a bit of a trick. It was pretty smooth, but kinda 'loud', bright and contrasty. I used an old trick, using a new copy of the bottom layer, Filter=>Blur=>Average, giving a completely featureless average of the background colors, then sliding the Opacity Slider, letting the bottom layer start to show through, until it looked the way I wanted.

The foreground was already on separate layers above this.

Averaged Moose