Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 17:53:28 +0100
Oh no, the crummy black MC version - too bad, but someone has to end up with
the dross, eh?

Yes, the Chinese knock-off focal reducer works to my satisfaction - the only
downside I have noticed is that my 35/2.8 T/S lens (not a Zuiko) does
vignette quite heavily when fully shifted, which is something I can live
with. But then I haven't made exhaustive tests, I was interested only in
acceptable focal reduction and reduced depth of field (keeping in mind the
increased effective aperture). Shame that it isn't compatible with the
50/1.2, whereas the Metabones Ultra _is_ to give a 35mm/0.95 :-)

No, there was no joke you missed, except one at my own expense. I mean that
any deterioration in image caused by the focal reducer is likely to be
eclipsed by the ham-fisted and unforgivably slapdash approach of the human
operator. Me! And the question arising was precisely the question answered
above "Is it any good?".

A little gallery, you say? Maybe I can dig some out, stay tuned.

Piers

PS my reference to the price was carefully worded. "Very nearly half the
price" is literally correct, because it was a little _less_ than half the
price of the Metabones. Cheapskate, me? Almost certainly, yes.