[OM] IMGS: Persian Miniaturist

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Persian Miniaturist
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 20:08:40 -0400
PESO:

April the 9th was a very long day.   I didn't think I would ever finish but
this is it.  After dinner, Hossein took us to meet a famous Persian
miniaturist, an artist who paints miniatures sometime using a brush with
one Persian cat hair!  Nasrin Bateni has a workshop in her parents' home so
first we had to have tea and fruit and nuts and candy with her parents:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000MGbyya_X6jw

Then she took us to the workshop and showed us how she works:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I00001pomruglH80

continue to the end to see the camel bone box and miniature painting that
we bought.  We bought several of the boxes to give as gifts but only one
painting.

Tomorrow is another day!

Tina

--