[OM] IMGS: Hamadan Pottery

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Hamadan Pottery
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 17:23:15 -0400
PESO:

Hamadan, Iran, is famous for its blue pottery, glazed with lapiz lazula.
Hossein took us to meet the glazer who puts the glaze on the prepared
pottery and then bakes it in a kiln before selling it to the public.  The
glazer/potter brought our lunch from his home - homemade bread, yogurt, and
sabzi (various raw greens).  We ate with our fingers, sitting on the floor
of his workshop.  He brought his little daughter Narges who was not at all
shy.

http://www.photoshelter.com/mem/images/#/l/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000p9u8CPVMhrI/

And the next several photos.  Unfortunately, the glaze for the pottery
includes lead so it can't be used for cooking or serving food.  We bought a
couple of decorative pieces.

Tina

--
Tina Manley